- Soldiers fire on civilians after being attacked as they boarded ships
- Foreign Secretary William Hague ‘deplores loss of life’
- Thousands of protesters descend on Israeli embassy in London
- Turkey recalls its ambassador and warns of ‘consequences for Israel’
- PM Netanyahu cancels Washington summit with Obama
Britain’s Foreign Secretary today ‘deplored’ the loss of life during the interception of a flotilla of ships carrying aid to Gaza. Up to 19 people were killed after Israeli commandos boarded ships carrying 10,000 tonnes of aid en route from Cyprus.